Achari dum aloo-Potato is the most popular among all vegetables, it is favourite to children.Achari dum aloo can be served as side dish with main course, an ideal for lunch and it goes well with arhar dal and rice.It is mouth watering dish for lunch specially in summer.
Medium size potatoes
Tea spoon achari masala
Dry mango powder
Red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Peel of potatoes, poke it with knife and cut into half so that it can absorb Achari masala while cooking.
- Wash it properply and keep it aside in a drainer.
- Heat the oil in a kadai, put turmeric powder, put all the potatoes, stir it for a while, add Achari masala and salt, stir it for a while, cover it with a lid and keep it on low flame.
- Stir in between four- five times, add dry mango powder.
- Cook it till it gets cooked completely and will turn into golden brown in colour.
- Twenty to thirty minutes will be required for cooking Achari dum aloo.
- Serve it hot with arhar dal, Chawal and chappati.