Biryani, the name itself is mouth watering, really needs no introduction, it is aromatic, exotic spicy and one of the most loved delicacies of Lucknow. It is a mughalai cuisine, it is sumptuous and complete meal. Everyone loves to eat and relish it too.
- Wash rice properly and soak in water for 10-15 minutes, boil rice and cook it for ninety percent, remove extra water, drain it out completely and keep them aside.
- Peel off the potatoes and cut them into halves, pork them deeply with knife so that it can absorb masala properly then wash it properly and keep it aside.
- Meanwhile prepare masala for biryani, heat the oil in pressure cooker or big vessel with heavy base. Put whole garam masala, crackle it , add sliced onion, fry it for five minutes then add other spices, ginger and garlic paste, stir it for a while and cook it for 10-15minutes till it turns golden brown, do not forget to stir in between otherwise it will get burn.
- Add potato,stir it and add salt, stir it and cook it till the potatoes get cooked by twenty five percent,add garam masala and lemon juice, add on layer of rice, put some ghee and saffron flakes over rice then add another layer of rice, saffron and ghee, cover it with proper size of lid and seal it completely with kneaded dough and cook it on low flame for 18-20 minutes.
- Your tasty and exotic spicy dum biryani is ready for appreciation and compliments, serve it hot with green chutney and curd raita.