This is a new dish which I recently tried and everybody at home liked it. Beetroot and spinach both are very rich in nutrients,spinach is very rich source of iron while beetroot combats cancer,a great detoxifier,reduces blood pressure and combats dementia.Apart from this,red colour kofta looks very tempting in green spinach curry, so it is a visual delight also.
- Wash spinach properly in running water, cut it into small and get it boiled, drain out water and grind spinach into thick fine paste.
- Heat pressure cooker, put some oil,sprinkle cumin seeds and then put chopped onion and garlic, stir it for a while then add other spices, cook for two minutes then add tomato purée and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add spinach,put salt and cook for 10-15 minutes, add fresh cream and cook for five minutes, your gravy is ready.
- For kofta , peel off beetroot, wash it properly then grate it and cook in microwave for four minutes, squeeze it and keep it aside, mash it with boiled potatoes, add salt and lemon and mix it well.
- Make small flat balls like tikkies and shallow fry it in a nonstick pan, place them nicely on flat bowl and spread spinach gravy over them.
- It will look very tempting to eat and so is in taste, serve it hot with chappati or steamed rice, it serves six to eight people.