It is very tasty and spicy punjabi dish, very popular in north India, complete meal, one can have as a brunch. My family loves it !
Chole bhatureIt is very tasty and spicy punjabi dish, very popular in north India, complete meal, one can have as a brunch. My family loves it !Meera Siddharth
Whole garam masala(clove,cumin seed,cardamom, black pepper and bay leaves)
Red chilli powder
Garam masala teaspoon1/
Medium size onion chopped
Medium size tomato chopped
Small piece of ginger chopped
Green chilli chopped
Dry mango powder
Roasted jeera powder
Coriander leaves finely chopped
Oil to cook
- Soak chickpeas in water for whole night or at least for 5 to six hours.
- Heat the pressure cooker, put some oil, crackle whole garam masala, put chopped onion, stir it till it turns light brown and add chopped tomatoes, stir it till it turns into fine paste along with onion.
- Put coriander powder, red chilli powder, stir it for a while, add grated ginger, garlic paste and salt, cook it for five minutes then add already soaked chickpeas, add three glass of water (600 ml) to get it cooked for half an hour, after three whistles, keep the flame low and cook it on low flame.
- When it cools down, open the lid, add some bhuna jeera, garam masala and dry mango powder.
- Garnish it with green chilli and coriander leaves and serve it hot with bhature.
- Please refer to my next blog for recipe of bhature.