It is very spicy and exotic in taste, stir -fried crispy bhindi in masala gravy is mouth watering. It can be served with paratha, naan or steamed rice.
Crispy bhindi(ladyfingers) in masala gravyIt is very spicy and exotic in taste, stir -fried crispy bhindi in masala gravy is mouth watering. It can be served with paratha, naan or steamed rice.Meera Siddharth
Onion medium size
Tomato medium size
Whole garam masala(pepper, cardamom, bay leaves and cumin seeds)
Red chilli powder
Ginger small piece chopped
Oil to cook and shallow fry
- Wash ladyfingers properly, keep them aside in a drainer till it dries completely, cut them in to 5-6 long pieces like finger chips and keep them aside.
- Meanwhile prepare masala for gravy, grate the onion and heat pan, put oil and crackle whole garam masala, fry grated onion till it turns golden brown, add other spices and cook it for five minutes then add ginger, garlic paste and tomato purée.
- Cook it for 8-10minutes till the oil is separated, put salt, half cup of water and one spoon of fresh malai, cook it for two minutes, add garam masala and your masala gravy is ready.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry bhindi, sprinkle a pinch of chat masala and garnish these crispy bhindi on your masala gravy.
- Serve it hot with naan, paratha or steamed rice.