A nutritious and tasty vegetarian Lucknavi kebab. This one will melt in your mouth and leave you wanting for more.
Masoor dal ke kebabA nutritious and tasty vegetarian Lucknavi kebab. This one will melt in your mouth and leave you wanting for more.Meera Siddharth
Whole masoor dal (black lentils)
Medium size onions
Coriander leaves Chopped
Green chilli finely chopped
- Soak masoor dal in a bowl of water for 4 to 6 hours. Put the soaked dal along with 2 glasses of water in a pressure cooker. Add salt, 1 chopped onion, 6 garlic cloves, and black cardamom. Cook it for the duration of three cooker whistles. Turn the stove flame to low and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Open the lid of the pressure cooker. Remove cardamom and stir the mixture with a ladle to make it into a thick fine paste. Keep it the mixture aside for cooling for atleast an hour.
- Add spices, 2 chopped onion, garlic paste (from the remaining cloves), chopped chillies, cornflour and coriander leaves to the mixture. Mix well. Your kebab mixture is ready.
- Make small flat tikki shaped kebabs from the mixture. (the above quantity can create 25 - 30 kebabs)
- Heat a flat pan on high and put some desi ghee. Shallow fry the kebabs for 2-3 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Flip kebabs to make sure both sides are cooked properly. Your kebabs are ready.
- Serve hot with green chutney, tomato ketchup, sliced onions, and a slice of lemon. Enjoy!